Saturday, December 8, 2012

COOKIES...COOKIES...COOKIES (shortbread)

Cookies are great anytime of the year but when December hits, I think we all start getting ingredients ready to start all that baking!  Am I right!? We all have our favorites of course. Anyone else eat way too many this time of year? Out of the many different kinds I like, this is one of my favorites. My grandma would make these for us every year my entire life, and i continue to make them often. A light melt in your mouth shortbread cookie. The best thing other than taste is how very easy they are to mix and bake up!

SUNSET COOKIES

1 LB BUTTER
3/4 C SUGAR
CREAM TOGETHER AND ADD

4 1/2 CUP FLOUR
2 TEASPOONS VANILLA

PUT OUT ON A FLOURED BOARD AND KNEAD INTO A BALL. CUT INTO 3 OR 4 SECTIONS AND ROLL INTO A ROPE ABOUT 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER. ROLL IN COLORED SUGAR AND WRAP IN PLASTIC WRAP AND REFRIDGERATE FOR A COUPLE HOURS.
SLICE ABOUT 1/4 INCH AND BAKE AT 400* FOR ROUGHLY 15 MINUTES TILL LIGHTLY BROWNED



No comments:

Post a Comment